While many people would love to live a celebrity life, all that fame does come at a price, as society looks to the movie stars and musicians when it comes to trends and fashions. Many famous people understand they are role models and a large number of celebrities have switched from traditional electricity to the clean and renewable energy the sun provides on a daily basis, and here are a few reasons why.
- Eco-Friendly Energy – The vast majority of celebrities are advocates for protecting the environment, and they can really set a good example by making the switch to clean and renewable energy in their homes. Brad Pitt is a fine example, as he has participated in campaigns to increase clean energy awareness, plus he has a state-of-the-art solar power system in his residence. If you are thinking that only celebrities can afford to install a solar energy system, think again, as you can see a return on your investment in as little as 3-4 years, plus the Australian government will pay a portion of the cost, providing the system is from a recognised supplier.
- Setting the Right Example – The stars are more than aware that people follow their trends and if your favourite actor or singer announces that they have solar power at home, this can be enough to make their fans think about making the switch. The Australian actress Cate Blanchett is another celebrity that is fully behind the nation’s initiative to switch to clean and renewable energy and her home and her theatre are both solar powered.
- Saving Money – While celebrities are never short of money, like everyone, they appreciate an opportunity to cut their living costs, and if you run a solar power system company, you could generate a lot of solar leads if a film star endorsed your product. A well-known person like Cate Blanchett, for example, could be the reason why many Australian property owners switch to solar energy, so it is important that the famous come out in support of clean energy.
- Total Energy Independence – It isn’t just the ordinary folk that wish to be energy independent, and as many stars have found, being energy independent has many benefits. There are no power outages when you disconnect from the national grid, plus you can sell any excess power to an energy company.
- Celebrities Are Clued Up – Just about every actor, actress, musician and sports star already knows the many benefits that come from solar energy, and when you do your research, it makes total sense to make the switch to clean energy. If you weigh up the pros and cons of solar power, it becomes very obvious that it is a wise investment, especially when the government is prepared to pay some of the cost.
Celebrities are more than aware of their responsibilities, which is one reason why many have come out and publicly announced they use clean energy, and you can follow in their footsteps.