The South of Thailand is a premier beach resort destination and it would come as no surprise that some Hollywood superstars have acquired luxury property in this region. Idyllic beaches in stunning tropical locations are a very attractive proposition for any person, and here are a few of the celebrities that visit Thailand on a regular basis and are known to have made property investments.
- Brad Pitt – Brad has made no secret of his love of the South of Thailand, and it is rumoured that he purchased a stunning property that nestles into the cliffs in Phuket, and this is a place that he loves to visit when he isn’t filming. Brad likes his privacy when off the film set, so it is no surprise that he doesn’t advertise his holiday home in Phuket, but if you are walking along Patong Beach, don’t be surprised if Brad passes while on a morning jog run.
- The Beckhams – Both David and Victoria have a soft spot for Thailand, and who could blame them? They reportedly paid more than one million dollars for a superb luxury property with one of the best views in Phuket, plus their holiday home is very secure, as you would expect with such a popular couple. David has been seen kicking a ball around on Phuket beaches, and if you are lucky, you might get a selfie with the ex-footballer, which would be something to cherish.
- Stephen Seagal – This very popular action movie star has often remarked that he feels he has a special bond with Thailand and its colourful culture, so it is no surprise that he owns at least one home in the Land of Smiles. Stephen met with the Thai Prime Minister after the passing of King Rama IX to pass on his condolences and he has mentioned he plans to shoot several movies in Thailand in the next few years. Not all celebrities buy property, rather they book time at one of the exclusive luxury beach villas in Thailand and they quietly come and go without informing the paparazzi.
- Johnny Depp – This handsome actor has a superyacht that is often moored in Phuket or Koh Samui, and it is rumoured that he acquired a luxury condo on Samui Island, which he uses as a base while island hopping. I wonder if Johnny dresses up in his pirate costume while sailing in the Andaman Sea? The setting is perfect and his superyacht really does look the part.
- Mick Jagger – This iconic musician has been spending time in Thailand for many years, and it is believed that he purchased a large property near Krabi, which is a quiet tourist town not far from Phuket. We cannot be sure that he still owns the stunning bungalow, but he certainly visits the South of Thailand as often as he can, and with his wealth, a few million dollars is a small price to pay for a luxury holiday home.
If you would like to take a holiday in Phuket, search online for luxury beachfront villas that can be rented for the duration of your stay, and make sure you have your smartphone with you while out and about, as you could easily bump into a celebrity.